Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grand family getaway

Although my kids are still small, toddlers actually, I am already thinking of talking to my husband on saving up some funds for a grand family getaway in Spain or Italy in a couple of years. We could maybe spend a month-long vacation there and perhaps rent some posh villas in Spain or bask under the sun in some gorgeous Italy villas.


I know there is so much time ahead but planning this kind of trip takes a lot of effort. Not only is cost an issue for a month long trip out of the country but also building up an itinerary as well as knowing exactly when the kids will be ready to make such a vacation.

At first I thought of having our grand vacation at my hometown in the Philippines. But then I realized, sooner or later, if funds permit, we will be going there every year or so that the trip won’t be as memorable as I would like it to be. I mean, if we keep going there back and forth to spend time with my family, it really would not be a getaway, would it?


Then I thought of taking them to other Asian countries, maybe Singapore or Malaysia but that too didn’t seem so grand, just because it’s still in Asia. Don’t get me wrong, I know we will still take trips there but I’m hoping for something grand, something neutral. Since I’m from Asia and my husband is from the Americas, then I want something neutral. Something that we will both find exciting so that it also becomes extra special to our kids, thus somewhere in Europe perhaps.


I thought of Spain or Italy because first, they have their own native language. That in itself is perfect for my husband and me. It will be interesting to learn a new language but at the same time, know that we will be safe because most of them still speak English. Another is that culturally speaking, Spain and Italy have somewhat similar culture that we are accustomed to, since Spain once colonized the Philippines and we were left with such a great influence by them. With the Italians, let’s just say that like most of the movies I’ve watched, maybe we’re similar in a sense that we’re family-oriented.


Anyway, all this is still not final. Again, I need to be able to convince my husband about this plan first but hopefully one day, it will materialize and my family will have this opportunity to bond together as well as learn more about 2 different countries and cultures.
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Hahaha Asia isn't grand as Europe. I consider Europe as a grand vacation because of its architectural designs, arts and high fashion. Europe is a dream vacation and I will always dream so someday, I can visit the place.

""rarejonRez"" said...

ehem! paubana unya ko mommy sa inyong grand europe vacation ha? :D

Mel Alarilla said...

Pareho kayo ni Rose na gusto ring pumunta sa Spain. Hmmm, magkumare nga kayo, hehehe. Sige taya lang nang taya sa lotto at baka swertihin din ang sino man sa inyo, hehehe. Thanks for the post. God bless you all always.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

wow! basta mars, huwag mo ako kalimutan sa pasalubong pag nag aboard este abroad ka na sa Europe. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails